Main Forum
 How to organise a database
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

triadne

11 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2024 :  22:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I'm going to make a database for fan works, then I need some idea of what it will need to contain, how it will display it and how to organise it.

Categories is needed. every fan work must be categorised according to it's type, what the original is, who the creator is. There may need to be other categories too.

Each fan work needs it's own page where it will have particular sets of information, according to the type of media. These informations would need to be in a form that can be edited by users or where users can suggest edits and submit new items. These pages need to be capable of supporting media such as photos and videos.

Each creator of a fan work needs an individual page with various details.

Each intellectual property that fan works are based on needs it's own page with various information that can be user submitted. It must include where to buy it and support the creator.

must have review functionality so people can give props or report bad experiences. needs some further thought to figure out how to prevent abuse and resolve disputes.

potential to include user submitted journalistic articles.

There needs to be a search function with various ways to filter and sort the search results.

There needs to be a 'front-end' that can collate new reviews and new submissions and possibly news items or articles.

I think that's it....
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Fanworx forum © Fanworx Go To Top Of Page